£32000 - £33600 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank hols, pension, discretionary annual bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 month ago
£32000-33600 + 25 days holiday + bank hols, pension, discretionary annual bonus,
Shift 24/5 (6-2, 2-10, 10-6)
A fantastic opportunity for an electrically biased Maintenance Engineer, at junior or more senior level to join a forward thinking manufacturer with over 70 years experience supporting clients across a variety of industries with 12 sites worldwide. Have you ever wondered how plastic packaging takes on its colour, or how automotive parts are able to work at a variety of different temperatures around the world? Our clients product ranges keep consumers happy and provide these solutions to a range of clients across multiple sectors.
Due to a leaver in the department, we are currently seeking an electrically biased engineer, to join a team of 5 and reporting into the sites Engineering Manager. We’re willing to consider candidates newly out of their apprenticeships and more experienced engineer looking for a change; naturally experience will be reflected in the salary offered.
The role is very similar to your standard Maintenance Engineers role with some subtle differences:
- Carry out preventive and scheduled maintenance tasks to ensure highest levels of equipment availability.
- Our client operate a detailed PPM schedule but naturally still require someone with the capability to respond to breakdowns and carry out reactive maintenance
- Apply continuous improvement techniques, seeking to improve the Mean Time Between Failure and Mean Time To Repair.
- Maximising plant uptime, identify critical parts and areas.
- Working to and achieving all agreed objectives and KPI’s.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Environment policies and procedures are understood and followed
- Ensure 100% compliance in the Near Miss and Quality Miss systems
- Follows all quality system and safety protocols by safely operating equipment, wearing proper protective equipment (PPE), completing safety training, keeping work areas clean and organized, and contributing to established safety goals
- Assisting with identification of OEE losses / breakdowns, thus establishing and closing out corrective action plans to improve efficiency.
- Update PPM schedules where required.
- Effectively maintain individual area of plant responsibility, to include shadow boards and spare parts availability.
- Effective proving of equipment following all and any maintenance.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks or requests as required in the factory
- A knowledge and understanding of PLC’s would be beneficial our client use Allen Bradley and Siemens systems.
- Understanding of FMEA and condition monitoring Lean knowledge i.e. Kanban, SMED, TPM
- Apprenticeship, Time served Electrical Technician or equivalent.
- A recognised craft or technical qualification i.e. C & G/B Tech or equivalent
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (desirable)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.