£30 - £35 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 month ago
Our Client in West Yorkshire is currently seeking a Traffic Engineer to compliment their Traffic safety team in Kirklees, West Yorkshire.
The team are responsible for keeping the traffic on Kirklees roads running as safely and efficiently and possible, and for finding engineering solutions to reduce the number of collisions that occur on the roads of Kirklees, particularly those that result in injury.
On a day to day basis the Traffic engineer role is very varied. The ideal candidate will have experience, knowledge and expertise in Highways Safety, and as a Senior Engineer in Safety you will:
• Design and assist in the design of casualty reduction schemes after undertaking detailed accident analysis, to improve safety for highways users and pedestrians.
• Design and assist in the design of new safety measures that improve the day to day safety of pedestrians and other highway users.
• Get involved in work across the Design team which may involve schemes generated from; agreements made under Section 38, 278 or 106 of the Highways Act, major scheme proposals and West Yorkshire Transport fund initiatives.
• Undertake the relevant duty holder’s role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, in particular, Designer
• Liaise with and advising various Council departments and partners on safety issues relating to all traffic interaction on the highway, including our most vulnerable users i.e. pedestrians and cyclists.
• Carry out and assist in undertaking road safety audits.
• Be involved in Safe Routes to School – predominately around pedestrian improvements.
• Manage our Speed Indicator Device programme and the Vehicle Activated signs that we have throughout the district.
• Investigate and respond to requests from with regards to speed, accidents, rat running, pedestrian crossing concerns, HGVs, and other safety related issues, and understand the need for effective and efficient communication, both written and verbal..
• Assess the potential impacts of proposed housing / commercial developments around Kirklees and looking for ways to ensure those developments do not have a detrimental effect on the safety of our highway.
• Be responsible for the wellbeing of yourself and others on a day to day basis, and the supervision of Engineers and Apprentices within in your team.
• Spend a portion of your time travelling between sites, for which you will need a full and valid driving licence, and a willingness to undertake and pass a Kirklees Council driving test.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.