£55000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: car allowance, bonus, pension
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 1 year ago
Reporting directly to the MD and responsible for a team of 2, the successful Head of Purchasing / Senior Purchasing Manager will have previous experience within an FMCG food manufacturing environment. This is an ideal role for a Senior Buyer to step up to lead and develop an overall site strategy and contribute to their ambitious 5 year growth plan.
Head of Purchasing / Senior Purchasing Manager responsibilities include:
- Manage and lead the Purchasing team
- Effectively create and execute short, medium and long term procurement strategies to maximise purchasing power
- Provide budget recommendations, and ensure the business is adequately prepared and conditioned
- Evaluate & select the existing and potential new suppliers within the different product categories.
- Hold site accountability but also work within wider Group purchasing framework working with European teams to form group strategy and drive continuous improvement
- Optimise savings and value delivery through sustaining high levels of innovation / NPD, continuing cost value effectiveness
- Directly and indirectly responsible for sourcing negotiation and placing of contracts for raw materials and/or packaging materials.
- Providing the business with up to date market and product information to enable informed business decisions to be formulated
- Supplier Performance Management: develop and maintain excellent relationships with key suppliers to improve performance and drive value
- Liaising with the Planning Department to reduce stock write offs
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.