£19 - £24 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8977
2 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in London for a Leasehold Officer to join one of London’s most active Housing partnerships.
It is a growing local authority housing partnership who is part of a large transformation agenda to drive forward community development.
The Leasehold Officer post will be an exciting opportunity for you where you will deliver an effective leasehold service in accordance with legislation, the Housing Partnership’s policies, performance standards/ targets and customer satisfaction requirements.
- To be responsible for key decisions during the co-ordination and delivery of section 20/20b consultations in accordance with statutory timescales and notifications. Ensuring that these are carried out in accordance with the lease.
- To work in collaboration with colleagues in the Leasehold Income Team to calculate annual and major works service charges to produce estimated, interim and actual invoices which are accurate, reasonable, and in accordance with legislation and local procedures and policies.
- To plan and successfully deliver a range of leaseholder statutory consultation documentation that includes details of works, potential timescales and calculation of charges.
- Ensure leaseholders’ observations during the consultation period are responded to, within time limits, liaising with the relevant staff in other departments.
- To provide prompt and accessible consultation services for Leaseholders including; the calculation of service charges; major works billing; reserve fund; shared ownership rent and ground rent.
As Leasehold Officer, you will:
- Have a general knowledge and understanding of leasehold management and tenancy related issues.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of right to buy legislation and housing act 1985 and the common hold and leasehold reform act 2002.
- Working knowledge of oracle, prelude or similar computerised financial system.
The client is offering a pay rate between £19-24 per hour however may be open to further negotiation.
To speak about this position or similar opportunities in this field, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or email your CV today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.