£ negotiable with benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
2 months ago
Commutable role, with option to work from home
The Engineering Manager is a global role responsible for the effective management of the engineering and field trail aspects of the business.
Your team develops new engineering tools for researching and certifying new engine lubricants; they provide expert engineering support internally to a large R&D department as well as collaborating with external partners (OEM, manufacturers etc).
You will be responsible for the effective resourcing for projects including skill sets of team members; you will be providing advice and guidance on projects and maximising commercial advantage.
Details of the role:
Your role will cover the below (but not be restricted to):
- Management of a global team (approx. 20) across 4 key global locations.
- Defining resources internally for optimal results - focus on maximising return on investment and working within budget
- Growth and focus on Engineering within the business as a core growth area. Development of agreed and prospect contracts for the lubricants industry
- Accountable for safety where the organisation has work undertaken
A strong leader with a naturally curios mind, a professional with demonstrated experience in managing teams over wide geographical spaces. You will have a deep understanding of the automotive industry:
- Exceptional leadership skills - across large teams
- Strong and demonstrated understanding of the automotive engineering / engine tests methodology
- Commercial awareness demonstrated through your past/current roles
- Agile approach to managing complex resource prioritisation
- Delivery focus on long and short term projects
- Mechanical Engineering degree (or similar)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.