£30 - £36 per hour, Benefits: NEGOTIABLE
+44 (0)151 666 8977
15 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in Berkshire for a Principal Planning Officer to take a lead role in their team, handling complex and strategic planning applications in the Borough.
The client is an exciting, growing local authority with great development plans for the future, after some recent changes in management, and a clear direction for the department. They are easily accessible from London and you'll also have the chance to work remotely.
The Principal Planning Officer role will see you being directly responsible for ensuring the highest level of negotiation and dealing with the more high risk, challenging and complex strategic planning applications, including ones of high political and public sensitivity.
- To assist the Development Management Lead Officer with ensuring the effective operation of the section, including providing a deputising function where necessary, and to assist with the implementation of projects and actions identified within the Development Management Service Plan and associated service development projects.
- To lead and manage the work of team, and to assist other team leaders when appropriate, in dealing with the processing of planning applications and enquiries, including giving professional advice and technical guidance on planning matters of all complexities.
- Directly responsible for negotiating and processing complex planning applications, writing committee reports and negotiating S106 legal agreements to secure financial and other community benefits.
- Taking the lead in specialist development management policy and procedural issues and projects.
- Making recommendations on planning applications, in agreement with the Development Management Lead Officer, handling subsequent appeals, and attending committee and other meetings where appropriate.
- Liaison with the enforcement team, advising and guiding on planning issues.
- Have significant experience within a Development Management Service with some experience of staff management
- Be available for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension beyond this period.
To speak about this position or similar opportunities in this field, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or email your CV today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.