£31.50 - £40 per hour, Benefits: NEGOTIABLE
+44 (0)151 666 8977
2 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in South London for a Principal Planner to take a lead role in one of the area teams, handling some high profile projects.
The client is an exciting, growing local authority with great development plans for the future, after a recent restructure. They offer all contractors the chance to work 2 days per week from home and will provide you with a laptop to work from.
The Principal Planner role will require you to lead a team of around 4 members of staff in one of their area teams in signing off applications, 1-2-1’s, with general line management duties and a small caseload of applications.
- To take responsibility for providing area-focused development management advice and information for a specific area of the Borough, establishing close working relationships with town teams and neighbourhood services colleagues to deliver corporate objectives through the planning process.
- To provide authorisation / final clearance of the full range of development management processes including consultation arrangements, delegated and committee reports.
- To produce professional advice, briefing information, advice and reports on very complex and/or contentious planning applications, development proposals and policy issues to appropriate individuals and bodies at all levels of the council's governance arrangements (including Cabinet, Councillors, Planning Applications Committee) and to external organisations including developers / applicants, site visits and public meetings as required.
- To represent the Council by preparing and presenting expert and professional evidence at public inquiries, informal hearings and in court for the full range of applications.
- Have experience in a senior or team leader level DM role within a UK Local Authority.
- Be available for an initial 6 months with potential for extension beyond this period.
To speak about this position or similar opportunities in this field, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or email your CV today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.