+44 (0)151 666 8952
8 months ago
My client is a Government owned organisation who manage the entire bulk fuel storage and pipeline network for the Royal Navy.
Due to a number of major capital projects starting across a number of sites my client is looking to recruit a EC&I Engineer for their site in Gosport on a 2 year fixed term contract
The role: To act as a Technical Lead for my clients Capital Projects team in respect to E&CI Engineering activities associated with the Capital projects, which are currently ongoing across the Oil Fuel Depot’s operated and maintained by the organisation. You will be ensuring that all aspects of work are executed on time, to budget and in full compliance with company standards and UK / European legislation.
With responsibility for a number of EC&I Engineering tasks within the Capital Projects Team and/or engineering works associated with the depots assets at any one time. The job entails overseeing professional contract engineers or consultant companies, who conduct engineering and maintenance activities on various projects on behalf of the client. There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular HSEQ, Procurement, other Engineering colleagues as well as with external stakeholders including our O&M Contractor, HSE, EA and our MOD Sponsors.
As some travel may be required from time to time a full driving licence is essential for this role as well as the ability to obtain SC clearence.
- Promote process safety leadership as the core of the orgnisations culture.
- Ensure EC&I Engineering activities within Capital Projects are completed and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Act as technical lead providing guidance within the team on EC&I matters for Capital and asset care Projects. Referring to the EC&I Technical Authority when needed.
- Plan and manage the programme of works for EC&I tasks associated with Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant and UK / European legislation.
- Develop EC&I scopes of work.
- Develop budgets and forecasts for work.
- Liaise with other members of the organisations Asset Technical Team on standards & codes.
- Apply the MOC process for the life cycle of the project.
- Lead and / or Support or ALL OFDs / PSD in their Maintenance and Compliance activities as required.
You will possess excellent knowledge underpinned with experience in process control programming languages such as PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) or DCS (Distributed Control Systems)
Your experience will be deemed competent to work on high voltage (HV) electrical systems following safe working practices. This should include experience of operating and maintenance of both 11KV distribution systems and 3.3KV motors and their associated starters. As well as a proven track record of resolving issues over a wide range of time frames utilising short term problem solving activities through to longer term strategic development.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.