+44 (0)151 666 8952
11 months ago
My client is seeking a Pipeline Technician to monitor pipelines at their Aldermaston site and the surrounding area. They own the largest bulk fuel storage and pipeline network across the UK and have pipelines running in to the major airports and refineries.
- Responsible for the upkeep of pipelines in the own region
- Undertake day to day planned operations and tasks
- Liaise with SCADA control to facilitate the efficient operation of pipelines and associated sites
- Make regular checks in accordance with procedure
- Attend call outs as part of standby roster
- Advise management of relevant issues
- Compiling and issuing infringement reports, line walk reports and Site visit sheets
- Undertake planned activities
- Monitoring pipeline wayleaves
- Responding to 3rd party requests for intervention and mediation
- Pipeline furniture husbandry
- Vegetation control
- Minor mechanical maintenance
- 4 wheel drive vehicle
- Gas monitoring and pressure testing equipment
- CAT and genny
- Work to standard, procedures and work instructions for Safety Critical Tasks in order to meet COMAH requirements. Assessment of Competency will form an ongoing part of this role.
- Comply with the Values and Fundamental Principles of the organisation
- Ensure all tasks carried out conform to company policies, procedures and systems.
- Be responsible, regardless of position, for the health, safety and security of yourself, colleagues and customers in accordance with company business and HSEQ principles.
- Driving Licence (including cat D+E)
- Experience in a position that involves solo working
- Ability to use computers and spreadsheets
- Ability to communicate verbally with a wide range of people
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good level of fitness
- Report Writing
- GCSE English and Maths
- HNC/HND or equivalent in mechanical discipline
- Experience of working within pipeline operations
- Experience of working in hazardous environments
- CAT and Genny
- Gas monitoring and pressure testing
- Mediation skills
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.