Competitive based on experience (Home based)
+44 (0)151 666 8999
5 months ago
Salary Dependent on experience – pension, private health, bonus, life assurance, holiday
A fantastic opportunity to join a multi site, world leading adhesives manufacturing business with a presence in the world market for over 40 years and a manufacturing presence in 6 countries. Our client is looking to expand their Applications Engineering team due to growth of the business to provide technical expertise to their distribution partners across Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. This role is a home based role, so you can be located anywhere in the UK but must be open and flexible to extensive European travel and occasional world travel to client sites. Our clients UK manufacturing site in based in Milton Keynes so occasional travel maybe required to this location.
Our client produces adhesive products that are used within the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and packaged goods industries, and boast over 10000 customers worldwide. If you have a background in adhesives, polymer science or chemicals regarding their application for customers product ranges then this role might be really well suited to you. This businesses specialty is hot melt adhesives and will involve supporting on their existing extensive client base but also working with the commercial team to provide the technical expertise for potential new customers and markets.
Role & Responsibilities
- Undertake full line customer audits including coat weight checks, application efficiency observations, condition and effectiveness of both application equipment (OEM) and process machinery (OMM).
- Run full line trials including tank drain down and refill
- Communicate with OEM’s to optimise machine set up
- Communicate clearly the advantages of our clients product offerings over and above
- the competition to both existing and potential customers.
- Using a working knowledge of the key OEM application equipment types to make
- adjustments (where allowed) and recommendations as to the best running of these
- equipment types.
- Follow up in customer complaints as necessary and to make on the spot recommendations
- Sharing knowledge of both the individual product grades and the varying product types
- with the customer base to increase sales and knowledge.
- Ensures compliance with all Company Policy and Procedures, including, product safety and H&S Legislation
- Have technical background working with adhesives, chemicals or polymers application on client product ranges
- Good knowledge of other European languages would be desirable
- Have a proven successful commercial background regarding sales
- Be open and available to extensive European and occasional global travel, both of which
- may occur at short notice.
- The role will be home based in the UK or any European country dependant on the successful applicant.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.