£50000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: car allowance, private medical
+44 (0)151 666 8903
13 days ago
As soon as possible (dependent on notice period)
Our client is a major contractor who has presence across the UK working on a wide variety of construction projects in various sectors including nuclear, education, manufacturing and commercial developments. They are extremely passionate about what they do and are invested in the long term success of their employees.
They are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with M&E experience to join their team in the Birmingham area on major education and/or commercial projects worth over £10M. The current team are fairly junior so, as a seasoned SQS, you will bring a wealth of valuable M&E knowledge to the project. If successful, there will be an opportunity to progress into a Commercial Manager within 12 – 18 months. Based mostly on site, you will be the ‘second in command’ after the PM and your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding contract terms for projects and negotiating these to minimise risk to the business
- Managing subcontract processes from first valuation to final account
- Cost planning, cost control and budgeting
- Ensuring internal reports are accurate and presented clearly
- Demonstrable knowledge of M&E systems/installations
- Experience within a similar Quantity Surveying role, preferably at a Senior Quantity Surveyor level
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.