£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Company car/allowance and benefits package
+44 (0)151 666 8935
11 months ago
Engineering, Full Time/Perm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join a leading Engineering and Manufacturing Specialist based in the North West. The client provide bespoke design and manufacturing services to a broad range of Nuclear industry clients and have identified an opening within their current team for a Project Manager to work as part of the Project Delivery Team to ensure safe delivery of all projects, products and integrated services to time, cost and quality.
The Project Manager will effectively manage client requirements and expectations as well as successfully deal with major sub‐contract suppliers to the project. Additionally they will facilitate the successful delivery of the works whilst ensuring control of emerging risk and opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have a background working in a Nuclear environment and a working knowledge of project planning principles and requirements.
Main Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage client requirements and expectations. Interpret and anticipate their needs against contract in order to successfully deliver project outcomes.
- Effectively manage major sub‐contract suppliers to the project.
- Provide project management service to assigned projects to facilitate the successful delivery of the works whilst ensuring control of emerging risk and opportunity.
- Work closely with the Project Controls team to ensure accurate programme information is available for clients.
- Maintain accurate and timely project status reports and an informed attendance at meetings; prioritise meeting action closure and implementation.
- Maintain accurate and timely client project reports and an informed attendance at client meetings and prioritise action closure and implementation in accordance with the contract.
- Maintain effective project communications to the client; ensure that the organisation adheres to its values, vision and mission statements and that timely, respectful and ethical communications are upheld.
The Project Manager will have:
- Working knowledge of, Project Planning principles and requirements including commercial contract conditions including NEC ECC contract forms.
- Working knowledge of Project Risk Management and its application throughout ‘live’ projects.
- Experience of leading and managing complex projects implementing effective communications and performance management.
- Robust client management experience; interpret, manage and deliver client expectations and requirements.
- Knowledge of the Company’s key customers; their contracting methods and standard contracts.
The salary on offer for this position is competitive and includes:
- £40-45k dependent on experience + company car/allowance
- Pension, Medicash, Life Assurance
- 25 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays
- Staff car park
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.