+44 (0)151 666 8952
7 months ago
Due to the start of major capital project on our site in Gosport my client will require a Project Coordinator. As an organisation they manage all the bulk fuel storage and pipeline network for the Royal Navy. New projects include tank farm installation and upgrades and upgrading fuel jetties.
The role: Project Coordinator at Gosport, Hampshire, to work within a Capital Projects Team.
You will provide a comprehensive support / coordination role for the delivery of the Capital Projects, working closely with the Capital Projects Team across the business, to help coordinate project scheduling, resources, and information, contributing to successful project delivery, and ensuring all projects are completed on time, within budget and to specification.
- Coordinate project activities, resources, equipment and information.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- Work within the company or third parties Document Control systems or Common Data Environments.
- Support the development of Capital Project delivery Strategies, such as work flow and document reviews.
- Assist with the management of Project programme schedules.
- Create task lists for team members, ensuring timely completion.
- Manage, monitor and prioritise workloads associated with the Capital Projects.
- Support the team to be compliant with regards to the company Project Management Process.
- Be responsible for a structured Benchmarking Process.
- Produce dashboard style reports for presentation to management and key stakeholders, including monitoring and reporting progress to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Arrange meetings, including all associated catering and/or travel and accommodation requirements for the team.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Record minutes at meetings, keep detailed project notes and records, including meetings onsite.
- Arrange travel and accommodation for the Capital Projects Team.
- Ensure appropriate electronic and hard-copy filing protocols are followed by Team members.
- Ensure Team Members meet deadlines for reporting and issuing documents.
- Monitor and track actions associated with the Capital Team.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a strong team player with a “can do attitude” and enjoy getting involved and supporting the Capital Projects Team. You will have excellent organisational and communication skills, be able to forge strong positive lasting working relationships with all stakeholders, together with demonstrable influencing skills to obtain information when required.
A good working knowledge of MS Office including MS Project and MS Planner is required, as well as the ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans. PMP and/or PRINCE 2 certification is also highly desirable for this post.
As some travel will be required a full (preferably clean) driving licence is essential for the successful candidate.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.