£25000 - £30000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8947
3 months ago
Key accountabilities of the Senior QA Supervisor include –
- Manage the internal audit system and schedule, ensuring that all audits are completed, all non-conformances are closed out and any corrective actions are followed up.
- Ensure that all quality issues are dealt with promptly and all associated records are completed in full and maintained.
- Schedule day to day work tasks of the laboratory.
- Perform analytical, and sensory testing of raw materials and finished products, evaluating for suitability, quality and performance.
- Recommend new testing procedures and handle technical & support issues for the department.
- Create suitable documentation for test methods promoting uniformity in the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Lead QA Lab staff in the principles of GLP providing training and technical advice to the team and other relevant site staff.
- Maintain laboratory hygiene through cleaning of lab and equipment.
- Regularly review laboratory testing procedures and policies.
- Support the technical and quality product coordinator in the approval of all
customer documentation and respond to customer requests for technical information as required.
- Support the implementation and management of all other systems introduced on site
- Ensure all relevant documentation are written in line with BRC requirements.
- Be a key member of the HACCP team and attend HACCP meetings.
- Implement KPI’s to illustrate conformance etc.
- Support departmental budget setting and adherence to budget.
- Ensure good communications are maintained with both internal and external stakeholders.
To be considered for this role you must have recent relevant experience of working within the quality team of a food or drink manufacturing company. You will have ideally have experience of working alongside the lab team and have had lab based responsibilities as part of your role. You must have HACCP level 3 and a good understanding of BRC. Excellent communication skills are essential and experience of managing a small team would be advantageous.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.