£44000 per annum, Benefits: 15% Bonus, Pension, Holiday
+44 (0)151 666 8999
20 days ago
£44k + 15% bonus + excellent package
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding global manufacturing business with over 75 years of history, supporting a broad range of industry sectors across Oil & Gas, Marine, Power Generation, Water & Sewage and Mining. Due to ongoing company expansion including plans for the build of a brand new manufacturing site with a state of the art paint plant and assembly process, we are looking for a couple of Senior Project Engineers to deliver the new paint plant and assembly lines/processes on time, budget and to the right specification.
Our clients current factory has over 500 staff based in Bath and produces a best in class, technology driven, product range through a lean, CI driven assembly based process with a small paint plant, which currently is a bottleneck on the process. This role suits someone with a background in developing new processes within manufacturing/assembly driven environments, either with paint plant experience or with assembly line rollout experience from industries such as automotive, general manufacturing or aerospace. A candidate with a strong background in operating within and delivering CAPEX projects on paint plants or assembly lines would have a solid foundation of knowledge for an opportunity such as this.
This role will have a huge impact on the delivery and success of the brand new factory, so you’ll get full process lifecycle management, from starting on initial specifications, to working with suppliers, supporting on the installation and then final commissioning, so experience in project engineering/management is a must. Once the facility in the next 3-4 years is build and producing our client’s product range your remit will then shift to refining this and ensuring it operates efficiently and compliantly within the existing CI culture of the business. You’ll report directly into the Production Manager and around 7-9 will be in your team, so you’ll be well supported.
- You’ll be a senior Engineer or someone keen to step up into this kind of role, most probably coming from a role as a Project Engineer, Project Manager, Manufacturing Engineer or Production Engineer
- Background wise you’ll have solid knowledge on paint plants or assembly lines, preferably in delivering upgrades, modifications or new build projects on them and will be keen to expand your knowledge and work for a global business where you can have an impact and make a difference on an exciting project
- You’ll hopefully have some project management/engineering experience
- Delivery of process improvement and controlling the delivery of capital projects throughout their lifecycle (specification, installation, commissioning)
- Be used to operating within a CI led, Lean manufacturing environment or from a similar transferable background
Engineering Qualification to Degree Level or HND or Equivalent or multiple years transferable experience
Experience delivering Capital projects over £500k in value
Manufacturing Industry Experience
A background as either a Production Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer or Equivalent within manufacturing environment operating with a paint plant
Company bonus 15% is average but can extend up to 25% depending on performance
25+8 days bank holiday, Company Pension matched up to 9%, Cycle to work, Life assurance 6x, Buy and Sell holiday, Private health, Share scheme
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.