£60 - £66.50 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8918
11 months ago
- Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable and appropriate and advise the Senior Engineering Manager as such.
- Identify options, select the appropriate solution and provide the right facility design solutions such that, for allocated work packages, they: meet business needs and functional performance, through life performance, are licensable and are deliverable.
- Ensure the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration are maintained from facility design inception through to project handover.
- Provide the facility design solution.
- Deliver integrated facility designs, with appropriate safety documentation, in a proportionate manner.
- Assess the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the lifecycle (e.g. tender; construction; commissioning; handover) and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountability's for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Be the lead engineering representative on the project. Responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule. Be the main point of contact for all engineering matters on a project.
- Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable & appropriate, and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Recommend the budget and programme, to the Senior Engineering Manager, to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external) to execute facility design. Ensure adequate competency and competency records.
- Lead, drive, communicate and deliver Facility Designs, with due regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost effectiveness and lifetime value for money.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops via routine reviews.
- Deliver, to the SEM, design solutions that meet business needs, functional performance, through life performance and is licensable and deliverable.
- Manage the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from inception through to project handover.
- Provide functional support in identifying and implementing change, development and improvement.
- Assist the Head of Design Engineering in developing the Facility Design capability internally, encompassing both Improvements and Resource skills development.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
- HNC /D
- Delivery of cross-discipline Design packages in a multi-discipline environment.
- Capable of undertaking role of Principal Designer under CDM Regulations.
- Design information configuration control for the life of a project.
- Ability to write technical specifications and briefs.
- Experience of managing both external suppliers and in-house teams to deliver Project design packages.
- Experience of all aspects of the project life-cycle.
- Establishment of requirements and problem definition.
- Developing and designing solutions.
- Configuration management and application of change control processes to maintain design intent throughout the Project life cycle.
- Implementation and commissioning.
- Production/Process plant and equipment.
- Building Services.
- Utilities distribution and engineering Experience of HAZOP process. Experience of working in a regulated environment. Experience of delivering projects using structured methodologies.
- Able to deliver design within a Nuclear Site Licence, specifically conditions: LC19 Construction or Installation of New Plant; LC20 Modifications to Design of Plant Under Construction and/or LC 22 Modification or Experiment on Existing Plant. Experience in working to requirements of CDM 2015.
This job will require regular travel to France as part of the project and it is expected that you will spend between 50% and 90% of their time there depending on the phase of delivery.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.