£20 - £25 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8908
over 1 year ago
A brand new opportunity has arisen in London for somebody to join as a Senior Planning Officer in handling a mixed caseload of applications, including smaller major applications.
The client is an exciting, growing local authority with great development plans for the future. As such they are receiving a large number of applications alongside their large development projects.
The Planning Officer job will be an exciting opportunity to develop on your experience and push on towards working with major applications and developing the experience necessary in working towards the step up to senior level.
- To assess all types of householder and minor planning and associated applications including site visits (generally unaccompanied), consultation, negotiation, written reports and recommendations to agreed timescales.
- Deal with written representation planning appeals.
- Deal with planning enquiries from agents, applicants and the public.
- Give pre-application planning advice for householder and similar minor development.
- Advise local Societies, Associations and Groups on planning issues, including attendance at meetings as required.
- Deal with correspondence arising from development control work.
- Deal with correspondence on planning issues from MP's and Councillors.
- Act as Duty Planning officer on a rota basis.
As Planning Officer, you will
- Have experience dealing with a mixed caseload of applications.
- Be available for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension beyond this period.
The client is offering a pay rate between £20-25 per hour for this role.
To speak about this position or similar opportunities in this field, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or email your CV today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.