£25 - £32 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8908
22 days ago
A brand new opportunity has arisen in London for 2 eager individuals to join as a Senior Planning Officer in handling a mixed caseload of applications, including major applications.
The client is an exciting, growing local authority with great development plans for the future. As such they are receiving a large number of applications alongside their large development projects.
The Senior Planning Officer job will be an exciting opportunity to develop on your experience and push on towards working with larger scale major applications, and provide a platform for future progression in DM.
- Deal with planning appeals and represent the Council at Informal Hearings and Public Inquiries.
- Deal with planning enquiries from agents, applicants and the public.
- Give pre-application planning advice to prospective developers.
- Negotiate agreements under S.106 of the Town and Country Planning Act where appropriate to secure wider benefit from development proposals.
- Act as Duty Planning officer on a rota basis.
- Deal with correspondence on planning issues from MP's and Councillors.
- Advise local Societies, Associations and Groups on planning issues, including attendance at meetings as required.
- Deal with correspondence arising from development control work.
As Senior Planning Officer, you will
- Have experience dealing with a mixed caseload of applications, with some majors involvement.
- Be available for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension beyond this period.
The client is offering a pay rate between £25-32 per hour for this role.
To speak about this position or similar opportunities in this field, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or email your CV today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.