£30 - £32 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8908
26 days ago
Our client is a local Authority in East London, they are currently looking for a Highways Engineer to join their existing team to support their current work load. The successful candidate will be expected to actively seek background information to inform their designs, visit site and transcribe accurately onto AutoCAD all the highway assets that will affect the design. They will also be expected to be conversant with the latest best practises, London Cycle design standards, DMRB, TSRGD and all other relevant legislation and guidelines.
Responsibilities include ( but not limited to )
- Assisting in the managing, progressing, designing and implementing of road safety engineering, cycle, bus priority, liveable neighbourhood, school streets, play streets and public realm enhancement schemes.
- Managing and progressing civil or highway engineering matters/schemes.
- Achieving timely & effective highway and civil engineering outcomes, which uphold the Council’s core values and meet the challenges of best value and comprehensive performance assessment.
- Deputising for the Principal Engineer as required on a limited basis.
- Ensuring statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer focused manner, optimising available resources.
- Representing the Council, in conjunction with colleagues, as an expert spokesperson on issues related to the functional area.
- Taking responsibility for the supervision of staff (when necessary) and contributing towards staff training, development and performance. Continually reviewing professional standards to ensure health and external recognition and accreditation of the service.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.