Salary Changes Per Year of Advancement
+44 (0)151 666 8935
6 months ago
Full Time with College Attendance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice to join a leading international petroleum transport and storage organisation based out of Hallen (Bristol).
The client operates major contracts throughout the UK providing services to several military facilities and major airports.
The opportunity will offer development enabling the completion of an accredited associated apprenticeship. Both academic and work experience is required in the timeframes given resulting in the accomplishment of a recognised technical qualification.
Main Apprenticeship will entail:
- Gaining an appreciation of and develop knowledge of a Terminal, job roles and responsibilities, legislative and commercial requirements. This will include safety, operations, maintenance and business administration.
- Gain an understanding of terminal processes, procedure and systems, and how they apply to operational job roles & responsibilities.
- Understanding the principles which govern and maintain a safe working environment and apply safety standards, systems and processes within your own actions.
- Understanding and following quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards relevant to the workplace.
- Identifying and immediately reporting plant defects, observations and anomalies that have, or have the potential to affect the safety of the process or which are noted to be abnormal to usual operations.
- Monitoring and control a process/plant/equipment effectively, efficiently and securely, and resolve problems or correct abnormal conditions.
- Shadow and provide support to other Operational personnel in the completion of operational and maintenance tasks.
- Positively present the role of apprentice and the Operations Department to the rest of the business, its contractors and customers.
- On completion of associated training, complete assigned operational tasks.
The Apprentice will:
- Work to standard, procedures and work instructions for Safety Critical Tasks to meet COMAH requirements.
- Ensure all tasks carried out conform to company policies, procedures and systems.
- Comply with the Values and Fundamental Principles of CLH‐PS.
- Be responsible, regardless of position, for the health, safety and security of yourself, colleagues and customers in accordance with CLH‐PS business and HSEQ principles.
- Be individually responsible for bringing to the notice of Line Management any potential hazard to health, safety or the environment of which you know or learn, in order that the hazard can be eliminated or significantly reduced; and for reporting any incidents relating to work activities.
The Ideal Applicant will have:
- 5 GCSE’s at grade 5‐9 including Maths and English language and any science subject
- To communicate effectively using a full range of skills: speaking; listening; writing; body language and presentation
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work carefully and methodically
- Organisational and time management skills with the ability to complete work to schedule
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to handle change and respond to change management processes.
- Ability to work with and support colleagues across geographically spread locations
- Have a practical mind-set
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.