£20000 - £24000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
4 months ago
My Client is a fast growing and ambitious company based on the outskirts of Derby and St Helens Merseyside.
Due to an increase in work load they require a Site Technician to join their team in St Helens on a permanent basis, working a minimum of 40 hours per week with plenty of overtime available.
Work involves sampling and testing of highways and construction development materials - Soils, aggregates and asphalt.
Due to the nature of the work, you do need to be flexible to work weekends and nights as required.
Core hours are Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:00.
Attending various highways and constructions site around the Midlands and North West regions.
- Operating semi-automated and automated lab equipment
- Following established protocols, work instructions, scheduled tasks and activities independently.
- Perform in-process testing to assure batches meet specification.
- Troubleshooting of processes, procedures and product issues.
- Balance multiple tasks and prioritise critical tasks.
- Manage and implement preventative and corrective actions.
- Update various Production/QC reports and spreadsheets.
- Update standard operating procedures and work instructions for processes.
- Drive cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely.
- Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times.
- Follow all health and safety measures in place, and ensure team members do the same.
- Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary.
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred
- Understanding of safe working practice in a laboratory environment.
- Site testing experience of asphalt/tarmac/quarry products.
- Construction Materials Testing experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft packages.
- Full clean UK driving licence
- 40 hours
- Occasional night work
- Regular weekend work
- Van provided for business use - travelling too and from site
- Salary £20-24k depending upon experience
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.