£26,300 pro rata
+44 (0)151 666 8968
12 months ago
Until end of December 2019
As soon as possible
Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Based in Cheshire
Commutable from Runcorn, Widnes, Warrington, Liverpool, Ellesmere Port
A multinational Chemical company is looking to appoint a Process Development Scientist on a contract basis until the end of December 2019. The successful candidate will be involved in working alongside the existing development team in a project which involves process improvement and troubleshooting whilst a new source of raw materials is integrated into the existing manufacturing process.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a BSc / MSc / MChem in Chemistry together with either a year in Industry or experience following graduation. The successful candidate will have an R&D / Process Development type skill base as this is more important than analytical skills which can be trained.
- Develop new and existing processes for production on site
- Optimise site manufacturing processes from laboratory to full scale production, in support of the site's
- Plan and organise the dual sourcing of key raw materials, working with the Chemicals Buyer on-site..
- Design and perform laboratory trials to tests alternative raw materials and organise subsequent plant trials in conjunction with the Plant Manager.
- Provide technical support to the production department as required during plant trials for alternative raw materials, e.g. resolving manufacturing problems, process changes etc.
- Ensure process documentation is maintained to the appropriate standard as required by the site.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with the site SHE policy and specific laboratory requirements.
- Formally record work performed in accordance with site QA systems and issue to the rest of the business.
- Degree / Masters in an appropriate science subject. Some laboratory experience (summer placement or a year in industry as a minimum).
- Knowledge of site processes, planning and organizing – ability to prioritise workload, SHE & QA systems, problem analysis are essential and HPLC & enzyme hydrolysis are desirable,
- Additionally having good attention to detail, problem solving and the ability to take initiative when needed to drive results forward and suggest new ideas and solutions to key problems.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.