+44 (0)151 666 8935
about 1 month ago
Location: Cramlington, UK
Sector: Engineering Design
Salary: Negotiable on experience.
Engineering, Full Time/Perm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to support the current Engineering Design Team in delivering the production, design and creation of detailed drawings for a variety of projects based out of Cramlington, UK.
The client operates major contracts throughout the UK including principal contracting, large scale subcontracting and specialist services whilst being supported by offices in Glasgow, London and Northumberland. The business also operates a fabrication facility, based locally supporting all the business streams providing prefabricated plant and pipework.
The Design Engineer will deliver project outputs to budget whilst keeping to the appropriate design specifications. Key projects include designing clean rooms for large scale pharmaceuticals, similarly with manufacturers as well as various M&E projects across the UK. The individual will also have the discretion and authority to make project delivery and technical decisions. Requirements for the position include an appropriate Engineering qualification, experience with CAD/BIM/REVIT software and knowledge & understanding of HVAC, mechanical and process systems.
Main Responsibilities include:
- To prepare and update company procedures with respect to the use of CAD/Revit and BIM systems within the company.
- To complete all engineering designs and documents to the specifications required and within agreed timescales.
- To prepare fully coordinated model from design consultants P&ID’s, GA’s, specifications, schedules and calculations.
- Prepare GA’s from fully coordinated model and prepare as built model / drawings from site survey information.
- Production of all H&S documents such as designers risk assessments to the standards required complying with all HSE legislation.
- Undertake or assist in site surveys, such as existing building services, HVAC, CS&A, electrical and process systems to evaluate full customer requirement and compliance to specifications.
- To ensure all designs are monitored, controlled and implemented to company quality requirements and legislation standards and within the allocated timeframes.
- Conduct all customer / consultant interfaces throughout the life of the project or design to enable effective project implementation within or above customer expectations.
- To track all designs to ensure there are no surprises and that remedial action is taken to maintain the effective implementation wherever possible.
- To ensure the lead engineers and project managers have all the information and commercial assistance required to enable effective project implementation and management.
The Design Engineer will have:
Knowledge & understanding of HVAC, Mechanical & Process Systems. Inc. but not limited to:
- Ultra High Purity Gasses
- Process Systems
- Supply and Extract Systems
- Compressed air
Knowledge & experience using the following software’s:
- Microsoft office
- Revit MEP
- 2D schematic and P&ID creation
- Navis Works
Positive communication skills.
Ability to work on & control multiple projects throughout their life span to ensure effective completion to the standards required.
Ability to develop & maintain good positive relationships with both internal &external customers.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.