£40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8957
2 months ago
Days Based Role
Salary Circa £40,000-plus benefits
Location – Ledbury, Stroud, Tewkesbury, Malvern, Bristol, Worcester, Cheltenham, Worcestershire
A Leading food manufacturer who have unprecedented and continuing growth are looking to recruit an experienced Multi Skilled Engineer with an electrical biased background to work a day shift role.
Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer responsibilities
Carry out electrical and mechanical repairs to plant and equipment in the event of any fault or breakdown and as part of the site PPM system.
• Adherence to safety standards and the culture of safety awareness
• Issuing of permits as required
• Comply with ad-hoc duties and projects
• Conduct fault finding to minimise downtime on equipment malfunctions, implementing suitable corrective actions in a timely manner
• Undertake analysis of breakdowns on plant issues and component failures, implementing appropriate and timely corrective action.
• Record all engineering activity on the Daily Engineering record
• Complete all preventative and predictive maintenance work orders as detailed in the asset maintenance schedules & departmental work load plan
• Recommend amendments to the asset maintenance schedules in light of inspection histories and operational experience
• Identification and completion of remedial work
• Responsible for the housekeeping of the Engineering Workshop and associated stores, documentation and tools
• Support the Operations team with the timely delivery of product changeovers
Personal Qualities and skills
• High levels of self-motivation, drive & commitment
• Flexible and resilient
• Strong and effective communicator
• Structured and well organised
• Methodical approach to fault finding
• Adopts high personal and professional standards
• Being of an open mind with a willingness to adopt new methods as required
• Recognised Engineering apprenticeship to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
• At least 3 years experience within an FMCG environment, preferable food industry related
• A Methodical approach to fault finding to diagnose and repair faults on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems in a timely manner
• Basic fault-finding skills on instrumentation and control systems
• Knowledge of Single and three phase Inverters
• Strong technical, analytical and communication skills
• Some knowledge TPM/Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques
Apply Via CV Submission or contact Mike Cairns on 0151 666 8957 to discuss further
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.