+44 (0)151 666 8977
3 months ago
Planning Enforcement Officer – North London – £20-24 per hour
A new position has become available in North London for a Planning Enforcement Officer to work specifically with writing enforcement notices and appeal statements.
The client is a recognised ‘Borough of Culture’ with a Planning team working on a number of exciting projects, with a growing service keen on becoming a top performing LPA. The offices are very easily accessible from Central London, however also close to lovely countryside areas.
The Planning Enforcement Officer will have an exciting opportunity to work in a Borough which will see you handling new cases every day with a great chance to further your experience and progress within the industry.
- Investigate breaches of planning control including site surveys and the obtaining of evidence of fact from witnesses and other sources.
- Determine whether a breach of planning control exists and to recommend what appropriate action should be pursued to remedy the breach as speedily as possible.
- Formulate recommendations, either to the Planning Committee or to the Head of Development Management or Head of Enforcement, for a decision on breaches of planning control.
- Advise, or assist in advising, members of the Planning Committee through sound reports, appropriate recommendations and attendance when required.
- Support the Council’s case at appeal (including Public Inquiries and Informal Hearings) ensuring that the views of the Council are properly presented.
- Participate in the taking of enforcement action including the serving of notices, the pursuit of prosecutions and other actions through the Courts and the taking of direct action on site.
- Have a Planning Enforcement background with proficient working knowledge of Planning Law.
- Have a proven track record in handling enforcement cases and serving notices.
- Be available for an initial 3-6 months, potentially extended beyond.
To speak about this position or similar opportunities in this field, please contact Ollie Melton on 0151 666 8977 or email your CV today.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.