£50 - £55 per hour, Benefits: 9 day fortnight
+44 (0)151 666 8918
about 1 year ago
Undertaking the production of PRS shortfall closure justifications and detailed designs in accordance with regulatory design guides and standards.
Work amongst a multi-discipline Engineering team under the direction of the Principal Engineering Manager.
Producing an Engineering design solution to close-out shortfall
- Reviewing Design Assessment Reports (DAR) to establish PRS shortfall context
- Identify Specific Safety Functional Requirements (SSFR) associated with shortfall context
- Identify Specific Safety Component(s) (SSC) associated with shortfall context
- Undertake plant walk-down surveys to establish baseline form, fit, function of SSC
- Liaise with Site Assurance and Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH) to define SSC specific shortfall
- Develop design solutions (options, concepts, detailed, implementation strategies, validation methods)
- Produce Minor Alteration and Addition (MAA) documents (including calculations, drawings)
- Produce Design Assessment Reports (DSR) documents (including calculations, drawings)
- Lead technical design reviews and manage stakeholder comments and acceptance
- Support Asset Change Board (ACB) submissions
- Perform technical review of CS&A survey reports and develop remediation conceptual designs
- Undertake site walk-downs to confirm Implementation feasibility of conceptual design solutions
- Produce detail design solutions based on Constructability vs. performance benefits optioneering
- Produce Technical Specifications supporting Installation / Manufacture phase of remediation works
- Maintain & promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative documentation / standards associated with design engineering.
- Application of knowledge to confirm designs are prepared which comply with relevant legislation, standards and requirements.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
- Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
- Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
- Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.
- Review and check Design Engineers work.
- Monitor and assess competence of Design Engineers in relevant discipline area.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
• Experience of working in a highly regulated environment
ONC/OND or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.
• Extensive knowledge of legislation and standards applicable to engineering design
• Working within multi-discipline groups producing designs across the life of an asset
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.