£30 - £32 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
27 days ago
A key role has become available with our Client on the Wirral, you will work closely with Development Management providing technical advice on proposed developments affecting the highways network. Assess and negotiate improvements on any new proposals to mitigate impacts on the network.
1.Support the Senior Network Manager in identifying and managing all relevant risks relating to traffic management, in respect of proposed developments.
2. Work with Development Management providing comments/technical advice on proposed developments.
3. Manage assigned budgets for traffic management in respect of proposed developments, including budgets for income generation.
4. Make recommendations to revise policies and procedures to effectively manage the traffic network in respect of proposed developments and ensure these are fully implemented.
5. Review and make recommendations for the Network Management Plan and network hierarchies.
6. Collaborate with neighbouring authorities and key stakeholders to work effectively and promote positive outcomes. This includes providing advice to Planning colleagues of network management implications of new developments.
7. Investigate the need for traffic regulation or changes to existing regulation and manage a programme of traffic regulation orders and associated infrastructure, including consultation and legal processes.
The Council is looking to establish a dedicated new team in the Network Management service to respond to the dramatic increase in highways development control work resulting from the regeneration and economic growth agenda. We are seeking a candidate with extensive experience in assessing the network management implications of new developments to head up this new team, providing expert advice to the Planning service / elected Members and ensuring that we develop our highways and transport network in a sustainable and appropriate way.
Attend Highways Panel in respect Traffic Regulation Orders.
9. Draft reports and attend Planning Committee to present advice on network development as the Network Development expert.
10. Attend meetings with developers, Wirral Growth Company and providing expert advice, working with partners on pre-planning for development opportunities.
Manage the Revenue budget for traffic management in order to deliver efficient services within budget and ensure other service groups and associated contractors demonstrate efficiencies in order to reduce costs.
Develop the strategies and plans to include all necessary statutory processes and stakeholder engagement, to ensure effective programme delivery.
Responsible for the maintenance and regular review of the Network Management Plan including the network hierarchy and those parts of the network requiring special restrictions.
Responsible for managing and utilising network and traffic data and surveys, together with feedback from internal departments and external agencies regarding plans and strategies for effective management of the network.
HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering, Traffic and Transportation or related discipline.
Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development relevant to this technical area and in general management.
1. Experience in budget management and reporting.
2. Extensive experience in partnership working / project collaboration.
Knowledge & Skills:
1. Extensive knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation, regulations and guidance in respect of the traffic management and regulation.
2. Well developed communications and presentation skills and a proven track record of developing effective relationships.
3. Ability to identify, collate and interpret complex data sources in order to present sound, reasoned arguments to form contractual standpoints.
4. Resilient in the face of strong opposition to service position and often conflicting priorities.
5. A highly developed working knowledge of customer focused services and proven track record of developing/streamlining operational processes to improve the customer experience.
6. Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development in relation to the fields of civil engineering, traffic and transportation and general management.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.