£££ Day Rate
+44 (0)151 666 8947
3 months ago
6-12 weeks (3 days per week)
A leading food manufacturer is currently recruiting for a HSE Officer for their site in Dorset. The company are looking for compliance expert to take responsibility for the areas of Health, Safety and Environmental. This will be a 6-12 week role working up to 3 days per week.
Formal HSE related qualifications are essential (Diploma Level or Equivalent in Occupational Health & Safety Management and IEMA Qualification) as well as proven experience in a health and safety role within a manufacturing environment, food manufacturing would be highly desirable, however other areas of manufacturing will be considered.
HSE Officer Key Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge and expertise in all areas of Compliance in order to provide appropriate advice and support.
- Responsible for maintaining and facilitating continuous improvement in all aspects of the site’s Compliance management systems and standards, in line with the group’s systems and policies.
- Providing managers and employees with information on legislative and corporate compliance, advising on ways of meeting statutory requirements and Corporate HS&E Policies, HSE guidance and codes of practice.
- Responsible for the investigation and review of significant accidents, incidents, complaints and pollution events, and the identification of solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Supports the Crisis Incident Management (CIM) process for Compliance issues; carries out formal risk assessments and reports into the site’s Green Team.
- Takes an active part in the site HSE committee and is a member of the site HACCP team.
- Audits, monitors and reviews the implementation of Health and Safety policies, working practices, safety procedures , Quality and Food Safety and standards for all respective operations as directed by the Manufacturing Compliance Manager and Central Compliance team.
- Represents the site on regulatory authorities and accreditation bodies’ visits.
- Interface with regulatory authorities and insurers on key matters such as fire risk assessment and certification, RIDDOR reporting, emergency planning and safety improvement plans.
Applications via CV submission only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.