£35000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8946
4 months ago
The successful candidate will be a member of a suitable professional organisation with environmental consultancy experience.
- Broad environmental knowledge of environmental impacts is essential: including air, water, noise, cultural heritage, landscape, resource efficiency and nature conservation
- Infrastructure design and maintenance Environmental Impact Assessment experience
- Familiarity with Highways Maintenance contracts
- Awareness of the application of Environmental Management Systems
- Familiarity with risk assessment
- Strong ecological knowledge and experience base including: Protected and invasive species
- Site survey experience
- Environmental or Ecological Clerk of Works experience
- Familiar with Environmental legislation
- Pollution prevention mitigation
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience of undertaking desk studies and site surveys taking non-statutory EIA’s from design through to construction
- Liaison with design engineers and contractors
- Liaison with outside organisations, such as Wildlife Trusts, Environmental Health Officers, Natural England, Heritage England, Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities etc.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- An Honours degree in environmental or relevant field
- Post graduate qualification (desirable)
- Professional membership
- Chartered or Working towards Chartership (desirable)
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Ability to work with non-technical audiences and communicate effectively
- Good IT skills (including GIS)
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Commitment and enthusiasm for and positive approach to this specific area of work
- Flexible approach and willingness to be reactive working in a fast paced environment
Our Client can offer a competitive Salary and an excellent rewards package, along with Career progression and flexibility.
Should this role be of interest to you and you have the skills required, please apply now or call Sophie on 0151 666 8946.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.