£25000 - £27800 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Other Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
over 1 year ago
£25/27.8k + 21days + bank holidays, Pension, Attendance bonus, Share options, Overtime (up to 5-8k per year), Monday – Friday days.
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of business with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries who are looking to expand their current engineering team on a days basis.
Were looking for someone who is time served electrically, and looking for an opportunity to work for one of the best manufacturing companies in the area, with a clear training and development plan, to help you progress your career and develop your skills long term.
This is suited for someone looking for an opportunity, with limited hands on experience, but a time served background electrically and our client can tech you the rest. If you have worked within an FMCG, Food, Automotive or General Manufacturing business even better, even if its limited time on the tools, its someone with a keen attitude were looking for here. Our client will even if you demonstrate the right capabilities moving forwards look to cross skill you on the mechanical side, so there is plenty potential training on offer here.
Our clients manufacturing process involves using blow moulding and rotational moulding machinery, you’re role will see you covering mechanical PPM and reactive maintenance across multiple production lines, working on electrical faults and maintenance, so motors, sensors, panels, switches, conveyors, and basic PLC work etc are going to be the kind of things were looking for. It’s a fast paced production environment with over 30 different lines running across 3 production halls so you’ll certainly learn and develop.
This role reports into the Engineering Manager on site and will join a team of over 10 engineers in the department.
- Work safely at all times, observing site rules and practices.
- Carry out all PPM activities as required in maintenance schedule.
- Provide assistance when required on breakdowns to all plant and equipment
- Inform production / manager of timescales and any required escalations
- Ensure all mandatory checks are completed and recorded as scheduled
- Carry out predictive maintenance and effect repair when required
- Identify and implement any improvements to processes and machine
- Assist with new machine and equipment installations
- Carry out shop work when required (panel builds, PLC upgrades etc)
- Complete Hazard forms and T Cards as required
- Carry out testing and inspection as required (PAT testing, fixed wiring etc)
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Attend and maintain switchman facility and training
- Identify and maintain spares requirement
Time served/Apprentice trained electrical engineer/technician
NVQ or C&G Level 3 or Equivalent
Manufacturing Industry Experience would be beneficial
PPM Maintenance Knowledge
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.