£37000 - £43000 per annum, Benefits: 15% bonus, 36 days holiday
+44 (0)151 666 8968
over 1 year ago
As soon as possible
9 – 12 month fixed term contract
£37 – 43,000 plus 15% bonus
Based in Liverpool
Due to the very exciting upcoming new arrival for a member of this company’s staff they are looking to recruit a Senior Analytical Technical Specialist to backfill the maternity leave of one of the Directors of the Analytical division. Due to an internal secondment to cover the maternity leave this role doesn’t come with any management duties but rather is focussed on the Technical expertise that the successful candidate will bring with them to the role.
The Technical Specialist role is predominantly office based and will focus on the following:
- Providing technical support / troubleshooting assistance to the analytical testing team as well as supporting method development when required
- Document reviewing of method development and equipment validation
- Writing new SOPs
- Taking part in Data integrity initiatives
- Supporting the implementation of an electronic data system including Perkin Elmer Labware LIMS
- Helping to bring the document control system online in an electronic form
- Taking part in analytical studies
- Writing regulatory documentation
- Drafting documentation for new equipment requests and then helping to install and validate the instruments
- Taking part in CAPAs, deviations, laboratory investigations and reviews
- Good communication skills are essential for the role
- Experience of Chromatography – Size Exclusion (SEC) – Reverse Phase, Ion Chromagraphy (IC) and HPLC are essential as well as experience in plate based assays
- Large molecule analysis experience (biologics) preferred however people with small molecule analysis experience are also encouraged to apply
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc science graduate (or equivalent) with biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical experience.
- Experienced in the analysis of biomolecules (preferred but not essential)
- Experience within an analytical testing environment with an emphasis on QC.
- Experience in writing technical specifications and test methods.
- Experience of performing equipment qualification and test method validation
- High level of IT proficiency, beneficial to have experience of implementing electronic systems (LIMS, ELN, e-LMS)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.