+44 (0)151 666 8952
over 1 year ago
Due to continual growth and new project wins my client who specialise in the design, manufacture and engineering of bespoke machinery for the use within nuclear decommissioning, mechanical handling and new build projects are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer.
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
- Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of multi-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
- Able to manage several teams of Designers and Engineers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Has presented at Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally at HAZOP studies.
- Ideally will have a working knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Has a good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has a good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy
- Ideally will have some 'hands on' experience.
- Good knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
- Preferably degree qualified (HNC Minimum) or equivalent.
- Must have significant nuclear experience and experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc.
Successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.