£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8954
about 1 year ago
12 Months FTC
ASAP / Immediately
£30,000 – £35,000 + benefits
FMCG Food manufacturing
Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Cannock, Stafford, Telford, West Midlands.
A leading blue chip food manufacturer is seeking an experienced Quality Systems Manager to manage their Quality Systems at their site in the West Midlands on a FTC for up to 12 months, covering maternity leave.
The Quality Systems Manager will be responsible for managing, maintaining and driving the continuous improvement of the QMS systems across the site ensuring “world class manufacturing” standards. The Quality Systems Manager will be the key contact for site managers, accreditation bodies, local EHO, retail customers, central Technical department and service providers for quality systems and procedural matters.
The successful Quality Systems Manager will ideally be educated to degree level in a food science or related subject and hold a minimum Level 3 Food Safety & HACCP qualification and have knowledge and experience of working to BRC (version 7 minimum). Previous experience of management of external contractors would be deemed advantageous.
Key responsibilities of the Quality Systems Manager include:
• Manage the Internal Audit Programmes for both sites ensuring all appropriate aspects QMS, Food Safety, are maintained
• Manage the review and updating of QMS liaising effectively with key stakeholders.
• Manage the maintenance of all accreditation standards
• Ensure sites are prepared in advance of audits by external agencies
• Manage; develop KPI’s for QMS systems and Internal Auditing
• Support the business and site supplier assurance teams and technical team by undertaking audits of suppliers or warehousing in response to quality issues or risk assessment review.
• Manage and develop the QMS team and auditing teams across both sites to optimise flexibility, performance and competency.
• Complete Accident and Near Miss reports as required. Ensure any recommendations are completed and actioned. Support site initiatives to reduce accidents and near misses.
• To manage the site pest control contract, liaising with the pest control contractor to ensure the control system meets all legislative and customer requirements
Application via CV submission only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.