£22 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8908
about 1 year ago
Our client a Local Authority are currently looking for a Building Control Officer to join their team on a contract basis in Merseyside.
Area's of responsibility include but are not limited to ;
- The enforcement of the Building Regulations and associated legislation in respect of building works in progress on site.
- To keep adequate records of enforcement relevant to the Service’s responsibilities and for future reference.
- To supervise and control the demolition of buildings in accordance with relevant legislation, including preparation of specification and approval of method statements.
- The inspection of dangerous and alleged dangerous structures, and taking action under relevant legislation for the removal or securing of structures found to be dangerous.
- The preparation work for the service of statutory notices, and summonses to be heard in courts of law, which will include the preparation of reports, specifications and statements of evidence.
- The attendance at office and site meetings, public enquiries, courts of law and meetings of external agencies and voluntary organisations and courses, when required.
- The receiving and processing of correspondence, plans, specifications and details relevant to the enforcement mentioned above.
- The appraisal of selected applications formally submitted for consideration under the current Building Regulations and allied national and local legislation.
- Hold an HNC/HND in a relevant building subject.
- A degree in Building Surveying and evidence of dealing with medium to high rise residential, industrial and commercial developments
- Evidence of progression to gaining professional qualification is also desirable
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.