££competitive + bens
+44 (0)151 666 8953
2 months ago
Reporting to the Site Manager with group reporting structures, the HSE Lead / HSE Coordinator will be responsible for driving the HSE agenda on site using their influencing skills to engage and work closely with key stakeholders.
The successful HSE Manager will be NEBOSH Qualified (certificate as a minimum) with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience ideally within an FMCG environment (food, pharma, chemical, distribution). You will have experience of strategic planning as well as demonstrable experience of implementing policies and procedures and driving cultural change.
Key Responsibilities of the HSE Lead / HSE Coordinator include:
• Primary lead & coordinator for Health & Safety & Environmental activities
• Advises management teams on legal requirements, industry best practice and group HSE policies
• Drive and reinforce a culture of good safety across the site
• Create /develop standards/performance frameworks for performance assessment and benchmarking (e.g. ISO 180001/ISO14001/ISO50001)
• Coordinate accident investigation processes, recording and reporting industrial injuries as required
• Designate and carry out routine Site Health & Safety/Environmental audits to comply with the local site and wider regional requirements
• Support & advise Occupational Health & HR as required
• Maintain the Environmental Management Systems (EMS) in line with Company or other prevailing standards (ISO14001)
• Responsibility for the coordination of other wider site service activities such as facilities & waste management
• Provide induction training, deliver briefings & other Health & Safety training
• Contribute to the general management and decision making, and activity of the Site Management teams.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.