£23767 - £25767 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8968
about 1 year ago
As soon as possible
£23,767 to £25,767 inclusive of shift allowance
Based in Runcorn, commutable from: Liverpool, Warrington, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Widnes, Northwich, Wirral
Hours are 6.00am – 2.00pm and 2.00pm to 10.00pm Monday to Friday. Weekend morning cover required on a rota basis
A leading global FMCG Manufacturer is currently seeking a Quality Control Technician to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful QC Tech must come from a food manufacturing, pharmaceutical or chemical background.
QC Technician Responsibilities:
- Carry out all aspects of analytical work on raw materials, finished products and recurring inspections.
- Ensure that all batches are loaded onto the GC and/or GC‐MS and traces are checked
- Manage raw material certificates of analysis and follow up on non‐conforming certificates.
- Control raw material issues; raise non‐conformances in SAP and escalate when required
- Assess internal and external requests to extend the shelf life of materials
- Monitor slow moving stock, in conjunction with the Supply Chain team.
- Ensure all analytical testing equipment is maintained and calibrated according to the schedule
- Monitor QC testing results and highlight/escalate potential issues as necessary to the relevant functions/key stakeholders recommending solutions to address the issue and identifying any corrective action taken.
- Assist with validation and verification of site sanitation programmes by swabbing and collating microbiology samples in accordance with the site environmental monitoring programme, testing cleaning solution strengths and using ATP and allergen test kits.
- Provide concise and accurate information to support any investigations
- Practical experience within a food/pharma or chemical manufacturing Laboratory environment
- Knowledge of QC testing equipment and methods, (including GC)
- Understanding of product performance characteristics and factors that influence them
- Degree level in food science, chemical or biological science
- Ability to prioritise own workload in accordance with business needs.
- Strong problem solving/mathematical skills
- High level of accuracy/attention to detail.
- Ability to act on own initiative, working alone or in a team environment
- Confidence and ability to make decisions
- Ability to work well and keep a clear focus under pressure
- An investigative mind with proven problem solving skills and a passion to identify the root cause of non‐conformities.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.