£42000 - £44000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8957
3 months ago
Manchester, Greater Manchester, North West
A blue chip food manufacturer is currently seeking an Electrical Maintenance Engineer. The successful Engineer will have proven experience in the field of process control and an understanding of electrical systems and instrumentation gained within a plant operations background.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer responsibilities:
- Provide electrical, instrument and mechanical maintenance to the plant on a reactive and preventative basis
- Undertake training as required to multi-skill in Predictive Maintenance tasks
- Ensure troubleshooting and maintenance of the plant and systems is carried out
- Propose improvements and help develop new maintenance job plans & procedures
- Be conversant with CHP routines required on a daily basis
- Use a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (Maximo) and PC reporting to assist maintenance recording
- Take full accountability for the Total lifecycle of Process Control Systems and related Applications to support the business and the team.
- Implementation of best practices and execute changes according to documented management of change process
- Responsible through activities and behaviours for creation of an environment that fosters a sustainable Reliability Excellence culture that enhances through Continuous Improvement cycles the Production Processes
- Long term planning encompassing the total lifecycle of plant systems, people and parts.
- Fully completed recognised trade certification in either electrical/ instrument / mechanical engineering and have multi-skilling experience
- Trade engineering and/or maintenance experience from a manufacturing processing plant (e.g. heavy pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Food)
- Preferably from an Electrical and Instrumentation background with cross-skilled experience of mechanical maintenance
- Familiar with heavy industry equipment e.g. centrifuges, pumps, control valves, motors, drives, etc.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.