Competitive salary and package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
12 days ago
Location: Salford Quays
An exciting opportunity as arisen for an EC&I engineer to join the Process Division of a National Design and Engineering Consultancy, based at their offices in the North West.
The EC&I Engineer will be a key member of the project delivery team working across a range of challenging projects, of significant scale and complexity. They will generate EC&I designs and specifications to achieve design deliverables for process plant projects across a range of highly regulated industries, ensuring both functionality and safety.
The EC&I Engineer will deliver EC&I packages of work as part of multi-discipline projects and work closely with clients to meet their requirements with the intention of securing repeat business through strong longstanding relationships. They will pro-actively develop their own EC&I knowledge and skills, aiming to be an in-house technical expert through experience and learning, which will be supported by formal training.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a highly regulated industry (Nuclear, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, etc.) and will have already developed strong technical skills in a design or operational environment. They will have obtained or be working towards Chartership and will have the ability to obtain SC clearance.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience of design or operations in a highly regulated industry (Nuclear, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, etc.)
- High level of proficiency in the use of general Microsoft Office software i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
- Membership of IET or InstMC, and working towards Chartership
- Experience in developing at least 2 of the following:
Functional Design Specifications, Control Philosophies, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Cable Calculations, PLC Specifications, Instrument Datasheets, Instrument Schedules, Basis of Designs, Network Architectures, Safety Substantiation Documents, Operation & Maintenance Manuals / Procedures
- Knowledge of current UK technical standards / publications and legislation requirements
- Knowledge of the Engineering Design process
- Full UK driving license
- SC security clearance, or ability to achieve
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D & AutoCAD Electrical
- Proficiency in the use of AMTECH Packages
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Visio
- Knowledge of Nuclear Equipment Qualification process
- Knowledge of ATEX / DSEAR and hazardous areas
- Knowledge of BS7671 IET Wiring Regulations (17th or 18th Edition)
- Knowledge of Low Voltage systems
- Knowledge of control systems networking, PLC systems, DCS systems
- Knowledge of process instrumentation design, applications, and specification
- Experience of working with P&IDs and the HAZOP process
- Experience of Functional Safety and knowledge of IEC 61508 / 61511 / 61513
- Experience of procurement of EC&I equipment
- Experience of working in a multi-discipline environment on high value projects
- Experience of interacting with Client representatives
- Experience of working with Sub-Contractors
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.