£ Negotiable with benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8956
2 months ago
Reporting directly into the Director of Quality, this role is ideally suited to a progressive QA with a preference for a hands on approach.
As the Senior QA in the business your role will be to manage and lead the QA Operations department including people management; objective setting; resource planning for the QA team based on production forecasts and business needs.
As a part of this internally recognised and highly regarded organisation, you will be a part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of this global organisation as they continue to forge new and improved ways of working across the entire pharmaceutical life cycle.
Your pharmaceutical manufacturing expertise is key when providing QA oversight, technical expertise and leadership covering all aspects of raw materials through to warehouse activities, engineering, quality control, manufacturing and operations support.
Commutable locations would include: Bath, Andover, Oxford, Swindon, Cheltenham (Wiltshire, Hampshire - the South West)
Details on the role:
The range of services that are provided with end-to-end capabilities; our client is able to take products from pre-clinical development through to commercial supply. You will be responsible for:
- Driving quality on the floor – through active behaviours and values – understanding the challenges and complexities on the floor and working with the teams
- Manage completion of GMP documentation to prescribed standards and within timescales
- Preparation of quality documentation
- Act as QA Ops representatives during Regulatory Inspections and audits
- Activity drive PPI (Practical process Improvements) and performance; partnering with key stakeholders to prioritize projects; and align with quality goals and objectives
- Compliance with GMP; Data integrity & Good Documentation practice (GDP)
- Maintaining a complete understanding of international regulatory guidance, ISO, corporate and client requirements
With a background in pharmaceutical manufacturing and a strong understanding of current GMP and technical processes you will consider yourself to be highly motivated and a natural leader.
- Significant experience operating as a Senior QA within a manufacturing (pharmaceutical) organisation
- Sterile or Clean room manufacturing site / solid dose experience is an advantage
- Experience in a QA leadership role (exposure to QP activities is a distinctive advantage but not essential)
- Demonstrated up to date knowledge of of the principles and guidelines for GMP across UK, EU, US and other relevant regulations
- QP exposure is an advantage, but not essential (and will be supported by the business for those seeking to develop their career).
- Minimum degree in chemistry, Pharmacy or Microbiology
With access to the most senior people in the organisation you will be a part of the decision making processes around improvement and growth; you will be developing your teams and working closely with the wider business to identify and make improvements.
- Exceptional salary package including bonus
- Direct line to directors and senior decision makers
- Wider team leadership
- Professional development (development to QP)
- Genuine career path
Not sure if you fit or if the company is right for you? CV not up to date? Call me Kelly Maddocks and I can answer your questions and help with your CV. Apply on line or call me on 0151 666 8950 for a confidential discussion.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.