£30 - £43 per hour, Benefits: 9 day fortnight
+44 (0)151 666 8918
4 months ago
Scantec are currently looking for a Project Design Engineer for an opportunity with one of our most prestigious clients to provide engineering support for the FEL Gate Design process for the HAI Phase 2 Upgrades project.
Our client is looking for someone who:
- Wishes to develop, improve and gain experience.
- Has experience of CAD or Solid Works - preferred, but not essential
- Experience of Structural calculations / hand calculations – preferred, but not essential
- Is an organiser, experience of change control / project controls / scheduling
- Is comfortable with being delegated to (tasks to carry out)
- Reviewing technical documentation, including requirement specifications, designers risk assessments, substantiation, etc;
- Attendance at key meetings, including design reviews and HAZOP.
- Assist with design tasks as allocated by Lead / Senior Engineers on a daily basis and deliver appropriate supporting documentation under supervision to achieve agreed time and quality requirements.
- Contribute to the delivery of work packages and design solutions through third party design houses, manufacturers and test houses.
- Maintain engineering project controls, review matrixes, action trackers and documentation dash boards.
- Accountable to the HAI Phase 2 Upgrades Senior Engineer Manager and Lead Engineer for provision of supporting documentation and engineering project controls for the design of HAI Phase 2 Upgrades.
- Ensure quality of engineering design solutions in accordance with the appropriate project process map.
- Ensure compliance with company environmental, safety, and health requirements, in all activities undertaken.
- Creating solutions and drawing concepts for optioneering purposes.
- Technical tender assessments and evaluation scoring.
- Supporting and monitoring design house design deliverables.
- Checking design house delivered technical documentation for design phases including drawings, specification, strategies, models, substantiation, schedules and assessments.
- Produce and maintain engineering project controls, meeting minutes, design review reports, action trackers, forward action plans, review matrix’s and document dash boards.
- Assist in close out of design comments, design reservations and project actions in order to complete stage gates.
- Produce Certificate of Designs for stage gate completion of design process.
- Assist in reviewing requirement compliance by Verification and Validation.
- Maintain configuration control for documentation and drawings.
- Assist with achieving integrated safety when producing supporting documentation and reviewing third party design solutions.
- Maintain effective working relationships.
- Communicate with engineering team, across all engineering disciplines.
- Good understanding of Design Engineering Principles.
- Knowledge of design tasks associated with Mechanical Engineering.
- Good level of understanding of Engineering Working Drawings.
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication to all levels of personnel, both internal and external to the organisation.
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team.
- Good analytical skills and an ability to make reasoned judgements.
- Good presentation skills including problem solving.
- IT skills (Word Processing / Spreadsheet / Presentation / AutoCAD preferable).
- Ability to produce written reports and power point presentations.
- Committed to carrying out the continuing professional development necessary to ensure competence in areas and at the level of future intended practice.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience in application of quality standards and procedures.
- Working experience of team work and planning / reporting of such within multi-discipline project teams, including project/scheduling interfaces.
- Previous work in design environment (useful but not essential).
- Certificate / Diploma (HNC/HND) or Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Membership of a professional body (not essential)
- UK National**
- Security clearance
- Full UK driving license
- Willing to travel within UK and internationally (holding a valid UK passport)
- Open to learning
- A confident approach to given tasks with knowledge of boundaries of own knowledge
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.