+44 (0)151 666 8999
21 days ago
£37,000 – 44,000 plus a 15% bonus, 10% pension and 36 days holiday, Private Medical and Private Dental insurance
Based in Liverpool
A multinational Pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool is looking for a Senior Upstream Process Scientist on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to be involved in new and exciting projects across Gene Therapy and Viral Vector delivery systems including AAV5 and Lentivirus systems.
- The successful candidate will be involved in design, development, scale-up and technical transfer of products using bioreactor systems. This will be from 15ml shake flasks, to 5 – 15 litre scale up to 50 litre vessel size.
- Responsible for bioreactor process development, scale-up and optimisation of large molecules.
- Additional duties include the coordination of a small team, running of projects and attending both internal and external meetings.
- Candidates with the relevant experience who are looking for career progression are also encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate will be expected to be involved in optimisation studies, experimental design and will drive excellence throughout the team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum qualification of BSc (or equivalent). Ideally holding a PhD and/or have relevant industrial experience within the field of bioprocess development / engineering, scale-up or cGMP manufacturing.
- Experience of leading a small team would be highly desirable
- Knowledge and previous experience of mammalian based cell processes – this can be from Industry or from a PhD
- Bioprocessing / biologics experience is essential
- Validation experience would be an advantage
- GMP experience would be an advantage
For further details and to apply please contact Charlotte-Rose Perryment at Scantec on 0151._ 666._ 8948 and charlottep (at) scantec. co. uk
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.