+44 (0)151 666 8952
21 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client for an enthusiastic and result driven Programme Manager to join their Capital Projects team based at Gosport.
The organisation manages all of the oil fuel depots and bulk fuel storage for the Royal Navy.
The aim is to ensure timely delivery of major Capital Projects, in full, through effective management of stakeholder relationships. You will therefore be responsible for representing the client’s interest and the leading face of the Capital Projects team being involved in delivery of upgrade projects totalling over £200m.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the relationship with the MOD including Navy Command and DIO for delivery of Capital Projects.
- Be a focal point for communication relating to Major Capital Works.
- Provide detailed monthly progress updated to the Senior Leadership Team on all Capital Projects.
- Manage the Navy approvals process for new projects and yearly funding requests.
- Manage resources to fulfil the delivery of the Capital Project programme.
- Ensure that the Client expectations are known and met.
- Inform external stakeholders of the client’s responsibilities under the CoMAH Regulations.
- Ensure that Capital Projects are completed in line with company standards and relevant good practice and applicable legislation, ATEX, PLSG, API, EEMUA etc., to allow future operation by the client as the COMAH Operator.
- Ensure input is provided for Scope of Works produced by Capital Projects Consultants.
- Assist in the development of budgets and forecasts for Capital Projects.
- Liaise with Senior Management team to obtain buy-in from stakeholders for delivery of key projects.
- Liaise with other members of the Engineering Team on standards and codes.
- Produce and manage the overall programme of Capital works Report and monitor progress.
- A working knowledge of COMAH, MoC, and CDM regulations to ensure compliance of Capital projects delivered.
- Act as Duty Manger for ‘out of hours’ emergencies on rota a basis.
The post holder will require highly developed interpersonal skills, be able to interface at all technical levels with Professional Engineers, senior members of the MOD including Navy Command and Defence Infrastructure Organisation. Stakeholder management at all levels is key. You must be customer focused. You will be experienced in monitoring and tracking multiple major projects and activities running at any one time, maintaining oversight to ensure works remain on target, and client requirements/key dates are met.
Travel will be a regular feature of this role and a full (preferably clean) driving licence is essential for the successful candidate.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.