+44 (0)151 666 8952
about 2 months ago
We are looking to recruit a Civil Engineer on a Fixed Term contract for 2 years (with the possibility of extension), to work as part of a Capital Projects team to act as the Technical Lead in respect to Civil Engineering activities for a major tank farm and oil fuel depot upgrade project.
You will need to have extensive experience of leading and overseeing professional contract engineers/consultants engaged in the delivery of complex Civil Engineering projects within demanding time quality and cost constraints, with a solid understanding of good project management principles and the delivery and management of a number of Civil Engineering Projects across multiple sites. As well as experience of concrete tank bunds, drainage and reinforced concrete foundations.
The ability to ensure that all work is executed on time and to budget/estimates and in full compliance with company standards and UK/European legislation.Some occasional travel with overnight stays will be required, therefore a full driving licence is essential for this role as well as eligibility for SC clearance.
- Ensure Civil Engineering Projects are completed and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Act as Technical Lead providing leadership and guidance on all civil activities for senior management and other engineering disciplines, specialist consultants and suppliers for the OFD assets.
- Develop the scope of works based on 3rd party inspection reports/data.
- Develop budgets and forecasts for programme of work.
- Act as Technical Lead on all Civil regulatory issues, liaise with the Regulatory bodies, including the HSE and Environment Agency, review and make recommendations on health, safety and environmental regulations and strategies to ensure compliance.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.