££day rate / salary negotiable
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 1 year ago
Manchester (office based)
6 month fixed term contract initially to start ASAP
A leading FMCG food brand and manufacturer is seeking a National Account Controller / Sales Controller to assist with the management and development of major multiple retailer accounts for an initial 6 month fixed term contract
Reporting to the Sales Director, the National Account Controller / Sales Controller will have previous experience of Managing a large Top 4 retail account (Tesco, Morrisons, Asda, Sainsburys) ideally within a branded food category.
Grocery Sales Controller / National Account Controller responsibilities include:
• Develop and maintain an in depth understanding of all aspects of the business and retail account.
• Support the NAMs and NAEs in the day to day management of their accounts.
• Oversee account plans for each part of the business that are designed to deliver against company and retailer objectives and KPI’s.
• Take on the direct day to day management of any aspect of the account as required due to holidays/sickness or vacancies.
• Track performance against budget and have a regularly reviewed action plan to ensure the account hits/exceeds budget.
• Understand and build knowledge of major competitors.
• Liaise closely with marketing and category teams to build a strong knowledge of market performance, category performance and key consumer measures.
• Develop a good understanding of site manufacturing capabilities and processes to assess potential impacts of any initiatives suggested.
• Develop a sound understanding of the cost structure of products in order to ensure all opportunities to drive profitable sales are exploited.
• Manage development plans for all team members and support their development through regular reviews.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.