£33 - £36 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 year ago
Our Client is an international Project management, Engineering and Design business. The Architecture & Masterplanning side of the business is a national practice of over 400 Professional employees. They operate from 12 regional offices in the UK and have a wide variety of skills such as Architects, Building Surveyors, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects, Urban Designers and Master planners.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Urban Designer to help deliver ambitious masterplanning projects internationally. Our Client has major current commissions in the Middle East and in other regions and this role is to support a growing world-class team focussed on design excellence.
We are looking for someone to:
• Support lead designer / masterplanners
• Provide creative influence on design projects
• Take ownership of tasks
• Support the discipline director in preparing client presentations
The masterplanning team primarily focuses on large scale complex project internationally from the London office, where the role will be based.
Background in Architecture or Landscape with a Master’s degree in Urban Design or equivalent;
Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience;
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Rhino with a working knowledge of Grasshopper,
• Revit (having implemented on projects)
• Adobe Creative Suite
• AutoCAD and Sketchup
SOFTWARE SKILLS ADVANTAGE / GOOD TO HAVE:
• 3D Max
• Rendering tools like Vray
• Dynamo for Revit
• Excellent hand drawing skills (architecture / landscape)
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated, proactive and eager to learn;
• Comfortable taking on new challenges;
• Work collaboratively, well organized and keen of taking ownership of tasks and deadlines;
• Seeking new ways to innovate and inspire the team;
• Interest in urbanism;
• Written and speaking and written proficiency in English;
• Written and speaking proficiency in Arabic or French would be advantageous;
Strong portfolio of work which demonstrate individual’s design and technical capabilities at all stages of projects. The portfolio should showcase a variety of projects at a range of scales and types with strong focus on major developments and regeneration;
There will be a task based evaluation during the interview;
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.