£50 - £60 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8916
about 2 months ago
Subject to Security Clearance and Notice
Provide specialist subject matter expertise in general, industrial, nuclear and explosives safety and other major hazards associated with actual, planned and/or decommissioned facilities, plant, equipment or product. Advise on strategies for the development of safety activities in line with relevant legislation, industry standards and company policies, procedures and guidance. Complete complex safety analyses, assessments and associated documentation.
- Provision of specialist technical expertise in carrying out their role deployments.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Ensuring that company strategies, policies and management system requirements for conventional health & safety are communicated and understood.
- Maintaining and promoting high standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality.
- Manages the technical development and production of health & safety documentation for a project and/or portfolio.
- Support to the local ESH Improvement Plans (culture, communications, etc.).
- Progressing on associated Operational/Assurance Functional Excellence Plans (FEP), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) etc. facilitating progress, as appropriate, to needs, accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Contributing to processes/tools that assess performance of the development and use of safety activities and Licence Condition compliance and identify where improvements could be made.
- Coaching others in safety (general/industrial/nuclear/explosives safety and other major hazards) approaches and techniques.
- Promoting learning and improvement through operational briefings, toolbox talks and presentations.
- Provides technical input to the production of company policy, guidance and strategy.
- Maintains a proactive regulatory interface with all internal and external regulators/stakeholders.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
- Level 5 Qualification e.g. NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice, NEBOSH Diploma or BSC Diploma or equivalent.
- IOSH grade of CMIOSH or GradIOSH (in order to develop H&S competence through continuous professional development).
- Positive, self‐motivating and responds positively to change.
- Takes responsibility for their own decisions and understands the impacts on their area.
- Inquisitive nature and desire to drive constant improvement.
- Self‐confidence to challenge long established processes and activities.
- Commitment and willingness to undertake necessary training and update knowledge as and when required including CPD.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Extensive experience in the field of general, industrial, nuclear and explosives safety.
- Experience in a nuclear, high hazard and/or highly regulated industry.
- Safety advisor experience in a high hazard environment.
- Investigation and inspection techniques.
- Aspects of emergency response in a high hazard environment.
- Good knowledge and ability to interpret relevant legislation.
All candidates must be British Nationals and only hold a British passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.