£18000 - £20000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8912
3 months ago
This role will appeal to an enthusiastic individual who loves problem solving and the opportunity to learn more about software testing and quality assurance.
- To assist in the analysis of design specifications in order to produce comprehensive tests
- Create scripts and scenarios for expected results to be performed with manual or automated testing as appropriate
- To assist in the testing of new applications and existing software enhancements/fixes to ensure they meet design specifications and include tests for possible impacts from changes.
- Recording and communication of test results to QA manager, escalating any issues as required
- Perform effective version control management in all aspects of documentation / script output
- Ensure all work produced meets the guidelines & standards defined for the team and meets customer requirements before being released for internal approval
- Identify personal development requirements
- Actively develop own ability in software testing in conjunction with line manager
- Demonstrate a high level of technical competence within the scope of the role, self sufficiency & willingness to acquire new and additional skills
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of team’s testing procedures, processes and tools.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the companies application development life cycle
- A troubleshooting mind-set, interested in the “what if”
- Minimum ‘A’ level, preferably HNC or HND in a relevant subject or equivalent
- Knowledge of testing processes and methodologies
- Demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.