£70000 - £80000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8960
5 months ago
This is a permanent staff position.
The Estimator is responsible for providing day to day estimating services, advice and support to the business programme of work including supporting any projects that may be delivered under the programme.
The Estimator is responsible for the provision of: estimating services either at programme or project level as well as support to other disciplines and functions including Cost, Project Management, Planning, Risk, Baseline Management and Task Directive / Demand Order definition.
The aim of the Estimator is to provide high quality, accurate estimating advice which provides a ‘single source of the truth’ from which timely and consolidated management information can be produced, to support decision making and reporting at project and programme levels.
The Estimator is responsible for all aspects of the day to day estimating service including:
• Provision of day to day estimating services.
• Supporting the preparation and development of business cases
• Development, control and accuracy of the cost model.
• Interaction with; and, information provision to, key stakeholders.
Line management of any Assistant Estimators by:
• Working with Head of Cost to support staff selection and capability development, in line with staff development plans.
• Working with Head of Cost to provide staff capacity identification, to meet the demands of DIO and needs of projects and central team.
• Working with the Head of Cost to support succession planning to ensure continuity of the Cost Engineering service.
• Working with the Head of Cost to ensure all Cost Engineering function members have clear job descriptions, accountabilities and expectations.
Requirements to be considered:
- You will have strong experience as a Senior/Lead Estimator, ideally within the Nuclear or Defence Infrastructure sectors
- Already hold a UK passport and be eligible for security clearance
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.