£65 - £75 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8918
3 months ago
Scantec are currently looking for a Software Specialist for an opportunity with one of our most prestigious clients.
- As a member of the Application Services DBA team, you will :
- Ensure the availability and Supportability of SQLServer databases underpinning Information Centre managed systems.
- Investigate and address issues, including resolving calls allocated to the group from the Help Desk.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert advice in the deployment and maintenance of SQLServer databases.
- Support Application Services within Information Centres with change and development activities including project delivery.
- Provide primary support to corporate systems located on several networks.
- Ensure that the production system is maintained and patched in a proactive manner
- Undertake the cloning and patching of development, system test, UAT and pre-production environments
- Maintain installations, upgrades and maintenance of the database server, tools and applications
- Undertake investigations and propose resolutions of problems
- Work with IS Modernisation Project to prepare for the transition of SQLServer platforms into support.
- Monitor and plan for database storage requirements
- Monitor, maintain and tune database and applications performance
- Maintain and ensure database security through quarterly patches and best practices
- Maintain backup policy.
- Maintain the backup mechanism and perform regular tests
- Provide and maintain scripts to automate the monitoring and cloning of environments for quick and effective fault diagnosis and where possible automated fix
- Review relevant change and custom releases for risk and impact analysis as part of the whole team to ensure a robust and efficient production system
- Create and maintain system/process documentation
- The implementation of code releases and configuration changes throughout the system life cycle
- Assist other roles such as Developers, Functional Consultants, administrators and users with issues such as workflow, tracing of concurrent requests, real time tracing of users, patch analysis and monitoring
- Ensure that adequate assurance procedures are applied to the work undertaken so that the high standards of safety appropriate to a nuclear licensed site are achieved
- Ensure that the required standards of reliability and safety performance of the constituent systems are achieved in the deliverables
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role. **
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.