£35000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance
+44 (0)151 666 8960
27 days ago
The role can be based either in Glasgow OR Edinburgh.
We are seeking an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first class service to clients.
• Working across a number of projects in different sectors and being able to provide a range of building surveying duties.
• Acting a lead consultant for various refurbishment projects including briefing clients, feasibility studies, preparing specifications, co-ordinating consultants, budget cost advise, tendering and acting as Contract Administrator
• The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
• Preparing and submitting applications for Local Authority Planning and Building Warrant consents
• Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes across the central belt of Scotland and surrounding regions.
• Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports.
• Due Diligence surveys
• Dilapidations, including the preparation of schedules and negotiating settlements, recording schedules of condition
• Planned Maintenance Surveys
• Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects
• Measured surveys including the preparation of drawings in AutoCAD
• Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities
• A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS
• Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
• Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
• Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids
• Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
• Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done
• Meticulous nature and an eye for detail
• Desire to develop career within a Consultancy environment
• A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required
• Strong IT skills, Word, Excel and MS Project as minimum
• Good AutoCAD skills
• Ability to present well with good literacy and numeracy skills
• Experience of managing clients and their expectations
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.