+44 (0)151 666 8952
over 1 year ago
Reports To: Depot Manager
Location: Loch Ewe, Aultbea, Northwest Highlands
The Depot Operations Manager is a supervisory role delivering the safe and efficient receipt, storage and issue of Diesel and bulk products to customers always ensuring that activities are compliant with COMAH 2015 regulations, with a strong focus on ensuring no harm to people or the environment.
Working as part of the team, this role also deputises along with the Depot Engineer for the Depot Manager and the post holder must be prepared to take on the necessary responsibilities and make appropriate decisions. The role requires good organizational, supervisory and administration skills. Good interpersonal skills to form strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
Management & Leadership
- Legislative requirements for the effective management of Major Accident Hazards under CoMAH 2015.
- Embrace and lead by example regarding process safety, which is the core of clients culture to ensure all the activities are carried out safely and raise any concerns on safety with the Depot Manager, or a member of the HSSEQ Team.
- To manage and develop the Operations team resources such that oil fuel depot operates flexibly and efficiently to meet SLA service delivery obligations and KPI targets whilst maintaining an exemplary SHE performance.
- Ensure compliance with the clients Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) at all times, including issuing of permits and supervision of contractors.
- Line Manager for the Fuel Supervisors and Depot Operators.
- Report accurately and on time on activities and provide relevant management information as required.
- Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
- To deputise for the Depot Manager when required.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships when representing the client with internal and external stakeholders including NCHQ, contractors, colleagues, staff and senior management and members of the public.
- Incident controller for the management of emergency scenarios.
- Be part of a rostered Depot “On‐Call” Team.
- Willing to undertake Short Notice overtime to meet business objectives and SLA obligations to MoD.
- Line Management Responsibilities
- Providing training, direction and support to new and existing staff.
- Produce Team Performance Plans (TPP) and Individual Performance Plans (IPP) for direct reports.
- Resource management including holiday and absence approval, absence management, back to work interviews etc. and documenting via Cascade.
- Directly responsible to the Depot Manager to support and carry out operational aspects of all tasks.
- Accountable for the safe operation of site assets and to provide supervision, guidance and direction for: Fuel imports, exports, transfers. etc.
- Management of Fuel Quality in accordance with the FQM.
- Marine Safety in accordance with Marine Operations Manual and terminal guidelines.
- Understand and comply with the requirement of the non‐Statutory Harbour procedures and responsibilities.
- Emergency response
- Through direct reports, responsible for reporting and accounting for fuel volumes for, HMRC and MoD ensuring that the figures are within the HMRC and MoD accepted tolerances.
- Fully familiar with the ship to shore checklist
- Operate and supervise the operation of vehicles within the Depot. Ensuring that only qualified and certified staff operate such vehicles.
- Understand and comply with the requirement Port Facility Security plan procedures and responsibilities.
- Carry out and comply with Manual Handling Risk assessment, Operating Procedures, COSSH & Risk Assessments.
- Ensure that the Depot maintains good standards of housekeeping, tidiness and safety standards.
- Own and regularly review Operations SOPs to ensure effectiveness and that they meet COMAH standards.
- Adhere to Control of Work, complete the necessary AP competencies to be authorized as a Depot AP
- Identify and initiate Management of Change processes where there is a change to procedures, plant &equipment, people or substances.
- Ensure activities are in accordance with the Agency’s accounting procedures including;
- The proper authorisation and timely submission of expenses and payroll information.
- Adhering to procurement procedures under client requirements
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of assets, equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- In order to be agile in the way the client uses the skills and knowledge of its people within its Operations, the client promotes a flexible resourcing environment. Therefore, individuals may be expected to undertake tasks in support of other teams from across Asset Management, especially the oil fuel depots.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.